Slip & Fall Accidents
Personal Injury Cases in New Orleans
Slip and fall accidents can lead to serious injuries including broken bones,
neck pain, back pain, and other disc injuries. If you suffered a slip
and fall injury while on someone else's property, whether it be a
restaurant, supermarket, department store, or other business, you may
have a claim against the owner and their insurance company.
With respect to slip and fall accidents at a business, Louisiana law requires
that a merchant exercise serious care to maintain their pathway, aisles
and floors. In other words, a merchant must make a reasonable effort to
keep the premises free of any hazardous condition which could cause someone harm.
Slip and fall accidents can occur for many different reasons, including:
- Spills or food in a supermarket aisle or walkway
- Falling products from shelves
- Broken or uneven concrete in a parking lot or sidewalk
- Stair cases not built to code
- Wet floors with no warning signs
- Goods or products left out in an aisle or walkway
- Other building code violations
- Poor lighting conditions
What should I do if I suffer a slip and fall injury?
Unfortunately, not every fall victim has a claim. Our injury lawyer can
help determine whether you have the potential to pursue compensation.
A slip and fall accident in public can be embarrassing and surprising,
which results in many people leaving quickly before realizing they are injured.
If you are ever a victim of a slip and fall accident, do the following
- File an incident report
- Seek medical attention
- Identify the substance or condition that caused you to fall
- Obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses
- Take pictures of the substance or condition that caused you to fall
Unfortunately, even if you have good evidence of a slip and fall accident,
business owners will often deny responsibility for your injuries. Business
owners know that slip and fall accident cases are difficult to prove,
and often deny liability as a matter of course.
If you need help recovering from a slip and fall accident, you should
contact our personal injury attorney today. We have the experience and dedication to help with all types of
personal injury claims.